Shameless Plug Ins

Monday, May 25, 2020

The Current Standings of "Things"

Hello, and welcome back to my personal blog that is filled to the brim with weekly, monthly and yearly posts!

Now, only one of the above is true, but regardless, I'm here to discuss my current standings and opinions of Vanguard and what I like and don't. So, without further ado, lets begin henceforth!


While my last post made it seem like I quit, that was only temporary. I don't play much, or consistently (especially at locals), I do still have a full operational Granblue deck that I mess around with against my fiancee's Dark Irregular deck.

That saying, this is obviously a blog that was predicated on Bermuda discussion, so let me discuss my current feelings on the clan, starting with the new stride:


I"m quite sure anybody who reads this will know what the skill of this "Wonderful" stride does, so I won't waste time pasting the skill here.

As for my opinions? I fucking loathe this card and everything it stands for. Is it strong in a vacuum? Yes. Is it extremely cute? Indeed. So, what's the issue you proclaim as you question my sanity and my opinions on the internet? Simple, the card supports the absolute worse deck in all of Vanguard, Highalnder.

I won't sugar coat it, I absolute despise Highlander and everything it stands for. Throwing in a bunch of one of's in a deck doesn't constitute a deck for me. Its not consistent, its not entertaining, its extremely monotonous and the only pay off is using this and playing, as the kids would say, "Unga-bunga".

As my good friend, Zenahreon, put it (Comically), “If you pull this card, I would recommend you throw it in the trash. Where it belongs.” As stark as that sounds, and as shamelessly as he said it, I don't disagree. I just do not think this deck is worth the investment your deck has to go through to implement it.

That saying, if you enjoy the card and the deck, I don't blame you one bit, you're entitled to like what you enjoy, but I cannot cope with playing a deck that is anything similar to Highlander (Even if the prospect of calling a bunch of SP's is hilarious)

Transition time - Me and Vanguard


As I said previously, I am unable to play at locals, so I usually just play casually (This is also before the pandemic), and that is going to be the case for quite a while. That saying, I love playing Granblue in every sense of the word, and have enjoyed this clan since I've started playing it in Legion era, regardless of whether I had the deck or not.

Bermuda is a different story. Since Ange got restricted and V began, I just cannot find much enjoyment in this clan. Highlander makes me wanna jump from the roof into a pool of man-eating, fasting, sharks (This is my dark humor joke of the post), Melody and Riviere are just "unga-bunga" to me and Pacifica just isn't entertaining. Coral is, somewhat, but not enough to warrant purchase.

The interactions, plays, change of playstyle and overall entertainment I drove from decks like Prisms, Duo's, Ange and ChouChou just aren't readily available and its honestly disappointing. I am told that Bushiroad will be hosting one of there bi-yearly product schedule presentations in the next month and a half, or so, and last year is where the current latest Bermuda set was announced, so I'm hoping the same is announced and it hosts one of the above decks, or, a the very least, something worth investing in, for me.

Until then, Bermuda takes a back seat when it comes to casual play. Something that is perfectly fine, considering the only deck (Premium wise) that is at least somewhat intriguing and enjoyable to play is Shizuku, and she's awful against the two decks I'd be playing against.

Here's hoping for Prism support in the next wave!

Next Transition - Zazan


Oh boy, where do I begin here...

I assume anybody reading this blog will know what this card and how disastrous it is for the Premium format. If you only play Standard, I doubt you would care, but as someone who solely enjoys Premium (currently), this card could single-handily destroy Premium, and I wish that was hyperbole.

This card either needs a complete skill overhaul, or more likely, a ban. Not a restriction, a ban to 0. Without going to deep into why this card shouldn't exist, I'll link to individuals who will explain much more thoroughly.

Solemn Vanguard's Video on the subject - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiJ-27xJ-vk
CardfightCore Blog on the subject - https://cardfightcore.blogspot.com/2020/05/Zazan2Zero.html

I implore you to check out there takes and more informative take on Zazan to understand the reason why he cannot continue existing in its current form.

The Future



While I cannot guarantee consistent posts, I might discuss upcoming Granblue cards for fun, as I'm vehemently excited for the upcoming Nightrose (And hopefully Nightmist) support. Otherwise, I might post an update when the next Bermuda support is announced.

Until then, my friends, please take care of yourselves and enjoy your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment