Shameless Plug Ins

Monday, June 8, 2020

The King of Pirates return!

Welcome back my groovy mates, it is I, Luffy, the pirate king, and this joke is becoming 100% stale. Know what isn't stale? The new Seven Seas support that was just announced, lets talk about a bit.



The True King

I didn't usually cover Granblue in the past, but as of now, I will discuss them somewhat as they've become, arguably, my favorite clan in the game, even more than Bermuda (At the moment). Makes me wish I never sold Granblue during there heyday of Nightrose, but I at least did get a chance to play and adore the original Seven Seas deck (No, not the G1 rush variant) during the time of Fighters Collection 2015 Winter.

As for the deck itself now, I am extremely cynical that it will replace what the current Premium deck has, or will receive with Nightrose, but as a standard deck, it seems incredibly interesting and unique.


I wish the mechanic itself was a bit more interactive, however, I can't say I dislike it the way it is. Nothing feels as satisfying as collecting all that booty and hoarding it until you can cash it all for the victory that Nightmist gives.

Amazing in more ways than one
The deck as a whole most likely won't be as competitively viable as what people might expect, but as a casual deck, this is ticking many boxes for me. That saying, relying on on-hits as a way to garner booty markers may be a recipe for disaster depending on what deck/player you're fighting against. At least to counteract that, you can aim for rear guards and plunder the booty from them as an alternative, but any deck relying on on-hits will never be top tier competitive.

Another negative I have is that the deck doesn't hard plus enough. This might not be too terrible in decks that aren't rear guard reliant, but not only is Granblue just that, but it also requires rear guards in order to pressure with the marker generating mechanic. I won't say definitively it will stay this way until we see the rest of the set, but it is a concern.

A big positive though? This is still Granblue and you have more ways to filter hand, add cards to hand (Greed) and call specific rear guards. Also, with how Nightmist operates, each game could go differently with different interactions and different cards with different turns, so basically, its Granblue and I love it.

Bring him back!
One thing I will hope for, is the return of this bad boy. I doubt it considering how all the current 7C cards were revealed together, but one can hope.

That saying, I will easily sacrifice him, all these 7C cards and even Nightrose having an on-attack skill just for the return of my favorite Granblue Card:

Bring her back even more!
Everything after her blessed return is a positive in my book.

Until next time my peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment